Tuesday, May 4, 2010

More smiles! And Prilosec! Oh my!


A lot has happened in the two days I haven't posted. Baron went on a smile strike and decided to sleep, eat, or stare in my presence-- but smile, definitely not. But then yesterday as he was being all pissy-pants (and by pissy-pants I mean not wanting to be cuddled by me), Bart came home from work, and lo and behold, what does he do? He doesn't just smile, he is outright thrilled with daddy. I spend all day with this kid, and can't get one smile. Dad comes in and two seconds later, happiest baby on the block. I tried to get a picture, and while I didn't succeed at capturing the full open mouth smile, I got a few decent shots.


No more blood from B's mouth (or stomach or finger or wherever the hell it came from), but he has seemed pretty miserable lately with what we think is reflux. Coughing, choking, spitting up-- it's all so fun. We went to the doctor this morning who prescribed Prilosec, so we'll see how that goes. I have heard rumors that attempting to give this to a baby is a job in itself. Why didn't we just adopt a 3 year-old? The pain in the ass dog we have now seems like so much less of a pain in the ass. If B wasn't so adorable, I might consider packing up my shit and moving to Vegas.

B has a hip ultrasound on Thursday (routine, for all babies that were breech) so I'm hoping that goes ok. And next week he has his two month shots, which is very sad.

Today I'm thankful for a pediatrician who prescribes drugs (and not one of those "try this first" or "call dr. so-and-so and wait 4 months for an appt. with him"), for a baby that weighs 11.4 lbs, and for the best night of tv (90210, American Idol, Biggest Loser and Lost). Let's hope B cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment