Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 1 as a single parent

Ugh, thank god I never got knocked up as a teenager and didn't have to raise a baby by myself. Bart's only been gone for 15 hours, and we already miss him beyond belief. The good news is, rather touchy Baron has been a doll today. Last night he was a pill, so I'm hoping he takes pity on his poor old mom and goes down easily. Oh, last night he decided he was not going to go into anything called a Woombie. Not happening. Going to scream before that happens. And guess what? Baby Baron won! No woombie for this baby. And lucky me, I was awarded the prize of putting the pacifier back in his mouth 200 times while everyone else slept. Because I didn't want to sleep, not at all. Today was B's first trip to my home away from home, Washington Square. He did well, he slept, and he looked around, and he got a few snazzy new additions to his wardrobe. Tomorrow nana is coming to save us and spend the night, and she is coming to B's 2-month appt. with us. I know it's going to be SO sad to see B get his shots. Ugh, I'm already dreading it.

Not much new to report. Medicine is going so far so good. His crying/eating bottle episodes have subsided since he went back on, so that is really good.

Today I am thankful for babies that smile when you sing old mcdonald, cooperative car rides and not falling apart on day 1 without dad.

And with that, I leave you with the woombie. It may be the last time we ever see it on this baby's body.



And one more cute one, because we have 458 so far this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment