Thursday, June 3, 2010

We're still alive!

Haven't posted in awhile, but we've been busy sleeping and burping and playing pacifier roulette! All is good on the baby front, as usual. Baby B still sleeps like a champ, is cute as ever, and still wants a new pacifier every 2 minutes. He is getting big! Bart was holding him this morning and he sort of resembled a baby of 8 months in age. Oh well, we always said we'd like him fat and happy, and I'm pretty sure we're accomplishing just that. Still no huge milestones to report (not calling me by first name yet, or walking into the nursery for his diaper change), but he has learned a few things in the last week or so.

- He has decided to likes baby carriers. Or maybe we just put him in when he's so tired he decides he isn't going to fight about it. I've had good luck with the Moby and the Beco, YAY for having two hands free! But the bad news? He has decided he likes napping on me better than not. So the house is much less clean than it was a few weeks ago.

-He has learned a new face. He sticks out his lower lip as far as possible, and POUTS. Now I don't mean pouts, I mean, serious pouting, people. He could win an award for breaking-my-heart pouty face. I don't know why he does this, it's usually for no reason.

-Along with liking to be in a carrier, he likes to be held more now. Probably because when the pacifier falls out, it goes back in much faster than ever before when mom is 2 inches away. I don't really mind this one, because he is pretty darn cute and he smells good.

-He sat in the bumbo seat. It was hilarious.



As far as the wubbanub goes, well he just kind of looked at it and smirked. Like, um who's the dummy who spent $13 on a beanie baby sewn on to a pacifier? Ha! Not me! He humors me by holding onto the bear/giraffe, but does it help keep the pacifier in? No. What would help however, is duct tape. I'm still checking in to see if this is legal or not.

He's talking more. And by talking I mean, making one syllable baby noises. But they are soooo cute.

He looks for me more now, I feel like the attachment phase might be starting. I'm not cocky about it though, I completely understand that his attachment to me doesn't stem from my cool factor, how pretty I am, or how good I smell-- I think it's more along the lines of who he spends 23.5 hours per day with (minus a shower).

He loves it when you show his hand his feet. Pure comedy for an 11 week old.

Still no real laughs, but we've had a few decent attempts.

A few pics, from our weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment